22 October 2010

Crossroads


)O(

Having been without home internet for the spring and summer, my blog(s) were sadly neglected.  Work was crazy busy over the summer (all the little munchkins - and their parents - out and about looking for something to do) and only now are we settling down into our regular schedule (which can still get hectic, but nowhere near as bad!). 

However, as we edge closer to Samhain (one of my favourite times of the year), it seems an appropriate time to shed (seeing as I just turned 30 on Mabon) the old, decaying, stagnant self. 
Samhain is considered by some Wiccans as a time to celebrate the lives of those who have passed on, and it often involves paying respect to ancestors, family members, elders of the faith, friends, pets and other loved ones who have died. In some rituals the spirits of the departed are invited to attend the festivities. It is seen as a festival of darkness...it was also widely believed that on October 31, the guard between this world and the afterlife is at its thinnest point of the whole year. [Source: Good ol' Wikipedia]
I'm taking stock of who I've become and what I believe in.  Recently, I've found myself reacting in very anti-Christian ways - and I don't like acting that way.  My overall philosophy has always been "live and let live".  [A phrase who's meaning, incidently, can be most directly and famously related to World War I - and the so-called Christmas Truce of 1914, among other events - Wiki.]

To that end, I'm drawing up a personal wish-list of various magical and mundane goals: what I would like to do (spiritually and physically), what direction I want to find myself heading towards, and even how I see myself and the world (and thus, how I react to it...).  Nothing is concrete (nor written down) at the moment, but eventually I'll draw enough conclusions (or at least possible paths) to scribble them down - and hopefully post everything here.

Blessed Be,
Gwen

Where I Blog...
* Behind the Fairy Tale Page - my reading lists blog [long neglected; will be updated soon]
* Bets and Charcoal - the miscellaneously mundane blog [this may go the way of the dodo, but I haven't decided yet...]
* Black Cats n' Broomsticks - my witchy blog
* Bonnets and Bolts: the Journal of Lucretia Stern - my story blog
* Horticulturally Hopeless - my gardening blog
* Once Upon a Time... - my bookish blog [long neglected; will be updated soon]

No comments:

Post a Comment