12 May 2010

My BOS - the book...

The book...

I've (finally) decided on a binder for my BOS - more specifically, a white scrapbook album:
It has the convenience of a binder (removing, adding, shuffling, etc.), but (though I hate to say it) a little more pretty.  I'm going to decorate the cover with a celtic-ish tree of life:


I've drawn the intial sketch onto the cover (in very light pencil) and now I have to decide how to colour it.  Paint? Crayons? Pencils?  I'm more comfortable with pencil crayons, but I don't know how the cloth covering will take to them...

I want to include more drawings (and I have no clue about the back of the album), but nothing has popped out at me yet...

The contents...

So far, I've decided on the following for the first initial pages:

* Inner Title Page - including "Book of Shadows of ..." and the date begun...

* Book Blessing - I may write my own, but I've also found a few that I really like, so I can't decide! ;-) I've posted what I've found here.

* Protection Spell

* Dedication - my dedication to and thoughts on my chosen path and deities

I really like Luis Royo's "The wind from Hastings"...


and was thinking of using it for the Protection Spell page (considering that it depicts a battlefield, it feels appropriate - to me, anyways! ;-)

(As you can probably figure out, I have celtic tendancies!  Considering that my father's side has Scottish and Irish roots (though I'm a 6th-generation Canadian and proud of it!), that's hardly surprising! ;-)

I've been googling like crazy to find different ideas as to how everyone (uniquely, of course!) organizes their BOS's, contents, etc.  However, I'm a virgo through and through and making lists (and organizing) is half the fun...

)O(  Jenn

2 comments:

  1. I really want a big book with the triquetra on it. I know, it's like Charmed, but I so love that symbol. I have always been too intimidated to create a comprehensive one. I have small journal-like ones. Like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't post as much as I should - work sucks! ;)

    ReplyDelete